Busy Weekends Ahead: Oktoberfest, Beignet Fest, Algiers Fest – Get There In Style
There are so many events coming up and Alert Transportation will help make sure you don’t miss a thing. Festivals are taking place all over the city and no matter where you want to go from Mid-City, to City Park or to Algiers we will get you to any event you want to attend. Check out some of the festivals happening the first weekend in October:
Oktoberfest On The Bayou
Join us for Oktoberfest On The Bayou for three weekends in October 2018 to enjoy German food, music, and beer! Festivities include crowd favorites such as daily beer stein holding contests, chicken dances, and the Oktoberfest fun run, as well as traditional German food and beverages, music, souvenirs. Admission is $8 per person with children 12 and under free. Deutsches Haus members are free. The Deutsches Haus is starting a new chapter in its history. Established in 1928, at its original location on Galvez St, the Haus is locating its NEW home along the banks of Bayou St. John (1700 Moss Street). The festival runs three weekends: October 5 – 6, October 12 – 13 and October 19 – 20, with Friday hours 4 p.m. – 11 p.m. and Saturday hours 1 p.m. – 11 p.m.
For more information visit: https://oktoberfestnola.com/
What To Expect
- German food: brats, sauerkraut, special dinners like schnitzel, meatloaf, pork loin, sauerbraten, variety of German cheeses, large Bavarian-style pretzels, German desserts, and Bavarian nuts
- German drinks: Over 20 different German beers, about 9 different wines and over 20 different schnapps
- Oompah Music, Special Dance Performances, Dancing Chicken
- First Keg Tap – Festival Opening – Friday, October 5th
- Oktoberfest 2 Mile Run – Saturday, October 6th. Register at NOTC website here
- Schnauzer Costume Contest and Parade – Saturday October 13th 6:00 p.m. All breeds are welcome to participate!
- Dachshund Races! – Saturday, October 20th 3pm. Benefits Animal Rescue New Orleans. Register your dachshund here.
- Masskrugstemmen – Beer Stein Holding Contest, Daily
- Historic Exhibit
- Souvenir Shop featuring German items
3rd Annual Beignet Fest
The 3rd Annual Beignet Fest presented by French Market®Coffee is set for Saturday, October 6, 2018 from 10AM – 6PM at the Festival Grounds at City Park. From traditional sweet treats covered in powdered sugar to savory options bursting with seafood, cheese and more, Beignet Fest will feature more than 30 beignet dishes from some of New Orleans’ best restaurants and food trucks. In true NOLA style, the free festival also features live, local music performances, a Kid’s Village, Artist Market and VIP Experience. Proceeds from Beignet Fest benefit the Tres Doux Foundation, which makes grants to nonprofits serving children with developmental delays.
For a complete menu and musical lineup click here: www.beignetfest.com.
Algiers Fest 2018
Don’t miss Algiers Fest 2018 on Saturday October 6 at Federal City. This festival celebrates the military, police and the Algiers community. Bring the whole family and enjoy live music, local art work, children’s activities, food trucks and more! The event is free and open to the public.
For more information visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/1108057722690824/
Algiers Fest 2018 will be featuring the following acts:
Jon Cleary Band with Walter Wolfman Washington
Geno Delafose and French Rockin Boogie
Hot 8 Brass Band
Little Freddie King
The Marine Corps Band